Puglia offers beautiful beaches
The region of Puglia has a 800 km long coastline with miles of sandy beaches alternating with rocky coves, rocky beaches and dunes. Many of the beaches of Apulia have been awarded in recent years for the good water quality. Wonderful conditions for a wonderful beach holiday for two or with your family or friends.
We are happy to show you some of the beaches of Apulia with a short description.
1) Torre Canne beach – The coast of the Trulli Riviera stretches for 50 km (starts in Fasano and leads to the Torre Guaceto). Mile-long sandy beaches alternate with dunes covered with Mediterranean vegetation, as well as sandy coves, rocky beaches and cliffs, reflected in a crystal-clear sea
2) Porto Selvaggio beach – Between Gallipoli and Porto Cesareo lies the nature reserve, which can be discovered on foot. The sea flashes between the rocks: The Cavallo Cave is famous for having found the oldest remnants of Homo sapiens in Europe. From Uluzzo beach you can see Calabria on clear days.
3) Beach Pescoluse – also called the Maldives of Salento. This Apulia beach is located between Ugento and Santa Maria di Leuca. The beach, awarded the Blue Flag, is a tropical dream of four kilometers of white sand, crystal clear and shallow water, dunes of acacia and white lilies,
4) Punta Pizzo Beach – Another exotic paradise in Salento, on the Ionian coast in the Isola Sant’Andrea Nature Reserve, with sandy bays alternated with tufa cliffs and the pine forest behind.
5) Baia di Torre dell’Orso beach – Among the olive groves of Melendugno, on the Adriatic coast, there is a crescent-shaped beach almost a kilometer long, dominated by a sixteenth-century watchtower that gives this bay its name. The ocean currents here keep the water wonderfully clear.
Enjoy your holiday between culture and nature
6) Campomarino di Maruggio beach – turquoise sea, seabirds, dunes covered with thyme and juniper. One of the most beautiful parts of the Ionian coast, where you can discover on foot the beach of Ayala or Conte, the beach favored by naturists, without beach kiosks, with few people and a sparkling emerald green water.
7) Porto Badisco beach – Halfway between Otranto and Santa Cesarea Terme, in the south of Apulia, lies this natural bay, narrow and deep as a fjord. The towers of Sant’Emiliano and Minervino stand out on the small beach. Here is also the Gotta dei Cervi – one of the most important archaeological sites in Europe. The sea is a paradise for divers.
8) Baia dei Turchi Beach – Seven kilometers north of Otranto is the Baia dei Turchi, so named because the Ottoman army landed here during the siege of the city in 1480. Here you will find a headland with white sand and clear sea.
9) Punta della Suina beach – The Bay of Gallipoli was immortalized in the film “Mine Vaganti” by Ferzan Ozpetek. A beautiful sight awaits you, after a walk in the countryside: dunes, rocks that break down to the sea, a natural pool of turquoise water, white sand.
10) Torre Guaceto Beach – 15 kilometers north of Brindisi lies the marine reserve, between the cliffs of Apani and Punta Penna Grossa. A unique biodiversity ecosystem, a resting place for migratory birds: golden beaches, thick Mediterranean scrub, holm oaks, junipers. In the sea, with mask and diving fins, you can discover a spakeable seabed overgrown with Posidonia.
11) Vignanotica beach – Starting from the Baia dei Mergoli and the Zagare, the path that leads to the bay of Vignanotica, surrounded by limestone cliffs, also known as the “seagulls beach”, is where the gulls come in the evening, their nests nestled among the rocks to build. Mask and fins are enough to discover the very fish-rich sea.
12) Punta Prosciutto beach – here you will find crystal clear waters and long beaches of white sand, high dunes and typical Mediterranean vegetation. This marine reserve is just a few kilometers from Porto Cesareo.
Here you find our offer Holiday apartments near the sea in Puglia
Place: Tiggiano p>
Charming villa directly on the sea with fantastic panorama. A charming holiday home for up to 6 people p>
Price € 990,00-2850,00 / week p>
Location: Santa Caterina Nardo p>
Charming villa with pool near the sea for up to 6 people p> Price: € 1750,00 – € 3850,00 per week